Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Be Emily Dickenson for Halloween

You Will Need
- An old-school nightgown or simple white cotton dress
- A ribbon
- Hair pulled back in a modest bun
- A fascicle (a small bundle of folded poems)

Extra Credit:

Hand out plastic flies while reciting the immortal line: "I heard a Fly buzz—when I died..."

Another item from Choriamb today:

The World is Fundamentally a Great Wonder: a conversation with Richard Wilbur.
I well remember what drew me to Key West in the first place. It was the 1960s, and a colleague of mine at Wesleyan, the painter Samuel Green, said to me, "Why do you take winter vacations in remote places like Tobago, using up all your money on air fare? You ought to try Key West, our American subtropics." He asked if I liked the movie Bonnie and Clyde. "Well, yes," I said. "It's morally questionable, but, aesthetically, very pleasing." "Then you'll love," he said, "the combined beauty and tackiness of Key West."

2 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Am I to understand that you were Emily Dickinson for Halloween? =)

Whether you were or not, a clever idea!

Meredith said...

I'm afraid I was very lame and spent that night drinking hot chocolate and doing my Latin homework. But perhaps next year...